Bengaluru, India: The Golden Jubilee Year of Claretian presence in India was inaugurated in Bengaluru on 15 July 2019. The solemn event included Priestly Ordinations and public gatherin...Read More
The shepherds of the Lord in the Church in India, dear brother Claretians, brothers and sisters, Fifty years back when a middle aged German missionary, late Fr. Franz Dirnberger, came to India with a few newly ordained young Indians to open the mission in India, nobody must have thought of such a growth of the missi...
Being a Claretian is a concrete way of being male, Christian, religious and apostle. Is to relive in community the spiritual and the fundamental concern of Claret to serve and build the Church with the ministry of the Word, proclaiming the kingdom of God. All life is thus configured for this charisma offered and shared in community (cf MCH 132).
The vocation to be part of the congregation is internal and personal call from God, received and discerned through the mediation of the Congregation is directed to a commitment to live as missionaries as a way of life in a ministerial or lay Claretian community.
As a characteristic of our life we make a special dedication to the Heart of Mary, given by the father Founder which express and extends his spiritual experience. Our spirituality has become all the subsidiary and through Mary, the spirit makes us share in the missionary Son of the father. The presence of the Heart of Mary gives our ministry a stamp of humility, gentleness, tenderness and maternal love.
To be a missionary and start a process of Claretian vocational discernment, these basic qualities are required:
• To be a baptized, confirmed, and practicing Roman Catholic at least 17 years of age.
• Be in good physical and mental health.
• Have felt an inclination to the missionary life.
• Sufficient knowledge of the Church and the Congregation.
• Provide the qualities required for this type of life without contraindications.
• And be prepared to initiate a process of clarification and discernment with Claretian missionary formators.
Join Claretian Missionaries
You can help us to identify young people who could be prospective missionaries and encourage them to follow the footsteps of the great missionary St. Anthony Mary Claret and proclaim the gospel anywhere in the world. Promote vocation to become a Claretian Missionary Priest or Brother.
Support Claretian Mission
You can be partners of our missionary activities by sponsoring the education of a child, helping in the rehabilitation of visually challenged, HIV and leprosy affected, financing the distribution of the Bible and many other ways. To coordinate the financial help from well-wishers and collaborators we have established the office of Mission Procura in the province.
Sponsor a Seminarian
Every family may not be able to offer a son at the service of the Church. But you can surely adopt a seminarian and be part of his journey to priesthood/ religious life in different ways. You can choose from the following options:
- Spiritual accompaniment by adopting a seminarian.
- Adopt a seminarian during his theological formation (last four years before ordination) bearing the complete expenses of his education (? 50, 000 per year).
- Spiritual accompaniment and partial financial help for the education of a seminarian.
- Group of families /association/ parish adopting a seminarian.
For details please contact:
Claretian Provincial House
28/12, 18th Cross Road, 14th Main
PO Box 5566
Malleswaram West, Bengaluru – 560 055
Tel.: +91 80 23002211
Copyright © 2017 Claretian Missionaries. All Rights Reserved.
Developed by : DoBIG